At least this time, you recognize the clues:
- Business hours of operation are more tightly controlled.
- Curfews are put back in place.
- Gatherings of more than 10 people are legally prohibited in some areas.
- Restaurants’ hours are restricted.
- Schools return to virtual classes only.
Your city or county is about to enforce a lockdown that will impact your construction contractor business.
Contractor Business Owners Can Prepare
Because safety is a priority, promptly adhering to stop-work requests is important. But if you see it coming, you can “make hay while the sun shines.”
To prepare your contractor business for another pandemic-related work stoppage:
- Accelerate timelines – Normally, overtime costs are wasteful. But these are not normal times. Finishing a project ahead of schedule when a shutdown is looming may be better management of time and money.
- Be prepared – Keep project progress documentation up-to-the-minute if possible. Take photos to verify completion percentages.
- Do what you can – You can get materials delivered now and store them. When work begins again, you won’t be waiting for deliveries. Keep your project alive.
- Maintain interactions – Include subcontractors in virtual meetings during the shutdown. When they maintain a connection to your project, they’ll be less likely to seek work elsewhere.
- Secure assets – Photograph equipment that will be left onsite and winterize if you’re in a part of the country that has extreme winter weather.
Construction writer Joe Bosquin says you can use downtime to prepare your construction contractor business for the big boom that’s coming. And the anticipated work increase poses yet another challenge for 2021.
Business Leads for Your Construction Contractor Business
A construction industry boom may be forthcoming, but that doesn’t mean you should sit back and wait for it to happen. Now is the best time to begin developing leads for your construction contractor business development.
Use the information available from Construction Monitor data to ensure you’re in a position to get the jobs you want with the profit margin you need.
Contact us today to learn more.