Infrastructure construction is under the “heavy construction services” umbrella. Infrastructure projects develop and repair or maintain services (often serving the public), facilities, and large systems.
Eight Types of Infrastructure Construction Services
Sometimes governments and private-sector companies collaborate on a large infrastructure project. Despite second-quarter losses, U.S. infrastructure construction services are expected to show growth for 2020.
Types of North American infrastructure projects you may be working include:
- Aviation – In 2019, the DoT (Department of Transportation) awarded $840 million in infrastructure grants to U.S. airports. Much of the projects focus on bringing older airports up-to-date, as well as renovating run-down runways.
- Bridges – Almost every day, we and millions of others access highway bridges. It’s no small concern that more than 54,000 bridges in the U.S. show structural damage and deterioration. The federal report said it may take more than 80 years to repair them.
- Communications – This sector of infrastructure construction services is all about technology. Connecting our country using WiFi, cable, cloud, and satellite technologies generate new jobs every year.
- Power/Energy – Our electrical infrastructure is one of the largest in the world. (We have over 160,000 miles of power lines.) Wind and solar energy are among the leading energy alternatives in the U.S., so infrastructure construction services are much-in-demand to develop and maintain these sustainable structures.
- Railroad – Bridges, track layout, and tunnels are infrastructure construction projects that safeguard rail transportation in our country.
- Roads – In 2017, there were 4.18 million miles of road in the U.S. Infrastructure construction for roads designs, repairs, and maintains mass transit systems. Principal materials used are:
- Water – Construction infrastructure projects include creating and maintaining EPA-approved drinking water facilities as well as waste/pollution treatment and recycling sites.
- Waste – These construction services create facilities and tanks to store, treat, and improve the environment by eliminating hazardous materials.
Marketing Made Easier – and Better
Not all of us in construction services can be billion-dollar infrastructure stakeholders. But you can run your business like a Fortune 500 company when you utilize Construction Monitor building permit data analytics to drive your marketing.
Contact us. We’ve got the tools your marketing strategy can use.