What are paper timecards costing your construction business? Software* company Arcoro™ says going digital is the key to saving money by increasing productivity, reducing errors, and better-managing workers’ reporting systems. And let’s face it…paper costs money and storing those timecards for 10 years takes up space that could be better-used.
4 Ways Timecards Cost Your Construction Business
- Manual processing takes longer. The exact same data may be entered 2 or three times by different employees.
- The paper itself costs money and you need to replenish your inventory regularly. Someone must distribute the timecards to several project sites and retrieve them for processing too.
- Time theft can be accidental or intentional, but it costs money. What is 7% of your total payroll? That’s what you’re paying for hours not worked. One survey found 75% of U.S. companies lose money due to buddy-punching. (Digital apps can have visual identification requirements.)
- Whether it’s a worker or a manager filling-in the timecard, when recording pen-and-paper hours, manual-entry mistakes happen. Next, another employee enters the hours into a payroll system; another opportunity for errors.
Digital Time-Tracking Saves Money
Digital time-tracking software is an investment that pays off. It reduces human error and can eliminate timecard dishonesty. Adding a minute here or there…Your co-working punching-in for you… The costs can be higher than you realize.
As always, one of the biggest advantages of software applications is saving time. You have access to information now. You can generate reports within minutes, not days.
Who Uses Construction Monitor Software Data?
Any company that wants construction work lead-generation information subscribes to Construction Monitor. We’re the largest lead source in the country. But you’d be surprised how many companies use building permit information to sell goods and services.
Here are some of our company-subscriber demographics:
- Building materials
- City/county government
- CNC machining
- Financial organizations/mortgage lenders
- Flooring/floor coverings
- Food trucks
- Garage doors
- Home appliances
- Office equipment
- Paint/wall coverings
- Real estate
- Robotic/electronic engineering
- Robotic/laser welding
- Sheet metal machining
- Title companies
- Venture capitalists
- Waste management
If these companies use our presorted building permit information, what are you waiting on? Our marketing specialists know how data analytics can make money for your company. Contact Construction Monitor.
*Construction Monitor does not recommend nor endorse any Brand software/company (except our own).