Almost 70,000 construction industry professionals filled the Las Vegas Convention Center Jan. 31 – Feb. 2, 2023, for what was the largest NAHB (National Association of Home Builders) IBS (International Builders Show®) in years.
Attendees took advantage of more than 100 educational opportunities and over 1,300 construction industry exhibitions targeting light construction ideas and solutions. The 3-day event is the largest of its kind in the world. The show’s attendance could be an indicator of the optimism shared by construction industry companies of all sizes and strengths.
The Best of IBS Awards 2023 recognizes exhibitors’ products or product lines that offer the greatest degree of usefulness to homebuilders and/or consumers. There were more than 400 entries to the Best of IBS categories. The winners represent the best use of form, function, and innovation:
- Best Energy-Efficient Product – SPAN Drive by SPAN
- Best Home Software Product – BILT by BILT Inc.
- Best Home Technology Product – GE Profile UltraFast Combo with Ventless Heat Pump Technology by GE Appliances
- Best Indoor Product – Overture Automated Indoor Air Quality System by Broan-NuTone
- Best Kitchen & Bath Product – BlueStar Dual Fuel Range by BlueStar
- Best Outdoor Product – HydAway Hydraulic Walls by HydAway Hydraulic Walls
- Best Window and Door Product – Door Stud by Door Stud LLC
- Most Innovative Building Materials – Elevation Cable Rail by Barrette Outdoor Living
- Most Innovative Construction Tool: Mobile Carpenter Workshop Trailer by On-Site Building Solutions LLC
Best in Show was the installation tool Door Stud by Door Stud LLC. Door Stud “revolutionizes how doors are handled, installed, and re-installed by trades, builders, flooring, and painting professionals,” says Quinn Purcell, managing editor of Utopia and Building Design+Construction. It integrates seamlessly with all commercial and residential, exterior and interior door applications. The judges were impressed by Door Stud’s global adaptability, simplicity of design, cost, ease of use, and durability.
IBS 2024 will be Feb. 27-29 in Las Vegas.
Construction Monitor is the best source for complete building and solar permit information in the United States. Our construction data includes key project data used by our subscribers: suppliers, subcontractors, building professionals, and general contractors.
How do they use it? Find out: Contact a Construction Monitor marketing professional today.