The construction industry changes within the last 10 years have been profound. Here’s why:
1. Client Expectations
It’s no longer enough to have a portfolio that displays what you did for someone else. (But don’t throw it out or delete that website page – its value has not diminished in the least.)
Technology demands you be able to show clients what you can do for them. Clients expect their construction projects to be customized, specific, and they expect energy-efficient solutions and improved safety-and-health options.
2. Less Resistance To Change
The construction industry is historically slow to embrace change but that in itself has been our biggest revolution. And the new, tech-driven jobs are attracting valuable talent, eager to create and build.
3. Startups Are Thriving
The new kids on the block are finding construction industry market opportunities fast. They’re also quick to locate funding.
4. Technology Innovations
The possibilities are limitless! Additive printing, augmented and virtual reality, drones, robotics, and additive printing; construction industry professionals say hardware and software investments are well worth it.
Continuing To Trend: Key Influencers
Technological and digital trends that will continue to evolve and dominate our industry include:
- BIM – Building information modeling is 5-D technology that has been a game-changer for the construction industry. It will continue to be a foundation for project decision-making.
- Building materials – Introduction of new building materials (like self-healing concrete) will lower materials costs as well as improve quality and safety.
- Digital workflows – Workflow solutions deliver better design management, materials tracking, scheduling, crew management, and more.
- High-definition surveying – GPS, new photo technologies; 3-D laser scanning will continue to improve turnaround times and accuracy.
- Productivity management – In addition to workflow software solutions, NFC (near-field-communication) devices and sensors improve construction industry productivity.
Construction Monitor Technology Builds Business
Building permit information is a key influencer in developing business leads. With one report, you can learn more about commercial, residential, and solar construction projects in your area than from any other source.