- 46% of users act after viewing a video ad.
- 87% of online marketers use videos.
- Blog posts incorporating video attract 3x as many inbound links as blogs without video.
- Facebook videos have 10 times the reach as YouTube.
- Videos up to two minutes long get the most engagement.
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch videos.
How To Use Video in Your Construction Marketing Strategy
There’s just one problem with using video in construction marketing: If you don’t know what you’re doing, it’s a real goat-roping.
Here’s a way to prioritize your video advertising:
- Make a plan – A successful construction marketing plan can only be a success if it generates growth/revenue. You won’t know that if you don’t track it.
Your plan should be:
- Have specific start/stop dates
- Go with what you know – Whichever style of video you choose, you’ll learn if it works. Or not.
The three types of videos are:
- Start creating – “Your first video is supposed to be your worst,” says Neil Patel. So, jump right in and get it over with. (He recommends InVideo for editing.)
- Search matters – SEO (search engine optimization) is always critical. You can maximize it, even if you don’t have a huge budget. If you’re familiar with blogging SEO, it’s the same thing – you want high rankings on YouTube, etc.
- Use influencers – Can’t afford Peyton Manning? (He averages $15million/year in endorsements.) Find a “micro-celebrity.” In our industry, there are respected influencers willing to help you out. They might even be more effective because they’re ours.
- Use ads to their full potential – Be very clear about who your audience is. Your goal is to reach them.
Where should you spend your video monies? You’ll just have to try a few – start with your favorite – and measure the results. The platform that works best for one company may not be best for your company.
Use Construction Monitor for Construction Marketing
We take building permit data and custom-sort it into actionable, relevant information for you. If you use it, you’ll have powerful insight into construction marketing: your area; your demographics; and your leads.