“I’m too busy for a construction marketing strategy,” said no contractor ever. If you’re too busy to win more business, why aren’t you on the cover of Fortune Magazine? We’re in this business because we love what we do, but making money is nice, too.
Make 2021 your year to take control of your company and its construction marketing strategy for greater profits. Here’s how:
Construction Marketing Strategy for 2021
Advertising is not the same thing as marketing. “Advertising” forms the foundation of your construction marketing strategy but there are organizational analyses needed as well.
Plan to revamp your:
- Budget – You can’t invest in marketing if you haven’t set aside the money to finance it. Develop and fund your marketing budget; it’s basic but often overlooked in small- to midsize-construction company management.
- Connections – Are you a member of one or more Chamber of Commerce organizations? What’s your BBB (Better Business Bureau) rating? Make this your year to strengthen alliances with other contractors and professional organizations.
- Direct mail – This is still a great way to target a specific demographic and deliver your message. Response to direct mail advertising increased by 43% in 2016. “It’s a game-changer for any serious marketer,” says Neil Patel.
- Market analysis – What are your bread and butter projects? They can’t be neglected, but what sector or industry would you like to develop? Determine your objectives for this year.
- Social media – Many contractors once said “word-of-mouth” was the best way to get new business. Your Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages are an essential part of your construction marketing strategy. Think of them as new-age word-of-mouth advertising.
- SWOT – Schedule a meeting with your team for an in-depth SWOT analysis: What are your perceived strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats?
- Video – Are you targeting business owners? Fifty-nine percent of executives prefer video.
- Website – Your website identifies your company as legitimate and technologically knowledgeable. If potential clients can’t find your website, you’re toast. Make sure your website has tabs/pages for:
- About us
- Contact us
- Our services
- Photo gallery
Building permit information can be an integral part of your construction marketing strategy if you know how to use it. We can help. Call 800-925-6085, or contact Construction Monitor to speak with one of our professionals about how to use our marketing tools.