Your website is the face of your company and should present you as a modern construction firm that’s easy to work with. If your site is dated, slow, confusing or just not getting results, it’s probably time for a website upgrade.
- Your site isn’t mobile responsive – Your prospects are busy professionals who do a lot of their business on the go from their smartphones. To reach those prospects, you need a version of your site that looks sharp and is easy to navigate on mobile devices.
- Your site is hard to navigate – If your site has grown over the years with no design updates, chances are it’s become complex enough for your visitors to get lost. Confused visitors are likely to click away. Up-to-date navigation helps your visitors quickly find what they want, such as your contact form or relevant sections of your work portfolio.
- Your site loads slowly – If your site takes more than three seconds to load, it’s probably turning visitors away. With today’s high internet speeds, fast-loading sites have become the norm. A delay can make your visitor assume your site is down and click away. With a website upgrade, you’ll get cleaner code, optimized images, and other improvements that speed things up.
- Your bounce rate is high – Your “bounce rate” is the percentage of visitors who leave after looking at just one page. You can find it using an analytics program such as Google Analytics or Piwik. For a website offering a service, a rate of around 10 to 30 percent is reasonable. Adding useful, engaging content can bring down your bounce rate.
- Your design is outdated – Just like fashion, website design trends change with time. If your site looks like it hasn’t been touched in 10 years, your prospects are liable to wonder what else you haven’t been keeping current on. A re-design will give you a fresh, modern site that you shows your firm keeps up with the times.
For more ideas on how a website upgrade can help you win over more clients, contact us at Construction Monitor.