Even though there are many signs of recovery within the construction industry, owners and managers must still place substantial importance on finding new customers and additional business. Here are some suggestions you can use to increase your chances of attracting additional construction leads and closing more deals.
- Understand your position in the industry: Many companies are versatile and offer numerous services, but recognize that no single company can be everything to everyone. Determine what offerings make your company different from your competitors. For example, do you specialize in a certain type of construction — residential, industrial, commercial? Do you have employees with unique skills that customers appreciate?
- Thoroughly understand the sales process: Remember that a major portion of what you do will involve sales and customer service. Refine these processes and how you deal with prospects at all points in the sales funnel. Study and apply proven techniques that are designed to increase sales and customer interest.
- Become an expert at bidding: Bidding on a project can be a complex process, but you and your staff must be highly skilled at all components. From reading and understanding requests for proposals, to making cost estimates, to writing proposals; each element of bidding must be handled professionally and flawlessly.
- Market your company: Apply effective marketing techniques to help create a strong reputation and an impression of high perceived value. Clearly define and present the unique selling proposition (USP) that differentiates you from others in the industry.
- Go the “extra mile” for your customers: This has become almost cliche, but the truth behind the statement is that your customers will appreciate and remember companies that go out of their way to ensure a successful project. Make sure you can complete the project on time or earlier. Offer additional suggestions that could improve the project or help cut costs.
Construction Monitor gives construction industry professionals the inside information they need to successfully expand their operations, either into their current geographical region or into new areas. Contact us today for more information on how to win more business and secure more deals for your company.