Every business, particularly construction firms, requires a steady influx of new customers to sustain revenue flow and profitability. Lead generation in the construction business flows from a number of consistent categories, but adding building permit data to these sources will significantly expand your reach into areas you may not have even considered.
Some useful sources of lead generation include:
- Referrals by current customers who recommend you to family, friends and associates
- Referrals from colleagues in the construction business who operate complementary businesses
- Referrals from real estate agencies or other organizations that deal with customers who need construction or renovation services
These proven sources should be part of any construction firm’s lead generation toolbox. However, adding leads derived from verified and constantly updated building permit data will expand your search into profitable new areas and bring you into contact with partners who could significantly broaden your reach.
Building permit data should include:
- Contact information for contractors, owners and other important partners in the project
- Type of project, whether a simple renovation or a complete building construction
- Project location and address
- Project start data and permit number
- Project value
By using building permit data for lead generation in the construction business, you can find leads in leading industries such as:
- Building materials and fixtures
- Drywall and insulation
- Cabinets and countertops
- Flooring and floor coverings
- Concrete, masonry, and stone products
- Pools and spas
- Electrical, plumbing and HVAC services
- Security services
With reliable, up-to-day building permit data, you can easily establish contact with new companies and expanding players in your local construction industry. You find out exactly who the biggest and most active contractors are and the areas they’re working in. You can also find out what kinds of construction projects are underway in your area and how construction volume changes from month to month.
Construction Monitor provides in-depth data on building activity in the construction industry, gleaned from building permits filed in areas throughout the country. Contact us today for more information on our building permit data services and how they can help you with effective, efficient lead generation in the construction business.
Image via Shutterstock.com